What a beautiful day it is today, Pentecost Sunday, when Christians all over the world celebrate the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on Christ’s disciples and His abiding with every generation of believers until the great and glorious day of the LORD arrives.
As a result of the mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit, who is the:
- Comforter (John 14:16)
- Spirit of Adoption (Romans 8:15)
- Spirit of Life (Romans 8:2)
- Spirit of Grace (Hebrews 10:29)
- Spirit of Truth (John 14:17)
- Spirit of Wisdom (Ephesians 5:17), and
- Spirit of Holiness (Romans 1:14)
the disciples received not only special gifts of the Spirit, such as those listed on the right, but also the undying courage and boldness to witness for Christ, in word as well as deed, to the seen as well as the unseen world.
May I (and all the FORMDEV facis) always have the courage and boldness to live by the Spirit (Romans 8:1-17) and thereby bear the two-fold fruit of the Spirit:
- Christ-like character (2 Corinthians 3:18b, Galatians 5:22-23), and
- people brought to eternal life (John 4:36).